So often we take our feet for granted as they carry us around each and every day. We pamper our hair and faces but tend not to give our feet a second thought. Until the time arrives when we get a remainder in the form of aching arches or even a more serious foot condition. Taking care of our feet with a regular pedicure will add more than pep to your step; it will also keep some of those unhealthy foot conditions at bay.
Pretty and well cared for feet are more than a delight to the eye. A pedicure can be a wonderful form of pampering; it can lift your spirits and soothe your feet at the same time. Whether you choose full spa pedicure or opt for an at-home treatment your feet will thank you for it!
The pedicure: Ultimate pampering at home or at the spa
1. At home or at the spa start with a comfortable place to sit. A footbath or large bowl filled with warm water and perhaps therapeutic mineral salts. As you soak your feet for 10 minutes or so, listen to music, read a book or just relax and enjoy the sensation of the water.
2. Remove feet from the water and dry with a soft clean towel. Clip and file the toenails carefully and clean gently around cuticles. Rinse feet and gently pat dry.
3. While the feet are still moist apply a foot scrub to remove any hard skin or calluses from the areas around the heels especially. A pumice stone may also be used at this point. Rinse the feet in the warm water. Wipe feet dry paying special attention to the areas between the toes.
4. Apply a good moisturiser or lotion to the feet and ankle area. Steady massaging strokes will give you a relaxing and therapeutic foot treatment. Allow the lotion or cream moisturiser to soak into the skin.
5. Leave toes nails natural or apply the latest glamour nail polish.